Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Step By Step

     When I tried my hand at stained glass eight years ago, I never imagined myself being able to create windows for a church.  Ed taught me that every large project is just a series of small steps.
     J.R.R. Tolkien's Bilbo says it best. "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
     Tomorrow I step onto the road, up to Redmond, WA, to pick up enough glass for the first two of four church windows. I'm excited and more than a little nervous. I want to do it right, and I want to do it with a whole heart.
     Each window unit will have three tall panels. The small square panes above will stay. The completed panels will be inset in the interior over the existing obscure glass windows, and set with stops and quarter round.

No comments:

Post a Comment