Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pay Attention

     What a great day!  I felt like I got quite a bit done on the center panel. First I put the border on the top and bottom, then started cutting the morning sky. I love, love this glass! It looks so different depending on whether the light is shining on it or through it. At first I was concerned that it would be too...dramatic?  Too...colorful?  Too...something. But really, it represents a dramatic event...a miracle! The glass I am using for the cross is a granite ripple, which means lots of texture on the front side. It also means the freshly cut edges are lethally sharp until I run them through the grinder. It sure makes me pay attention.








      I anticipate two...maybe three more full days of cutting before I can start foiling. Those lilies at the bottom seem to take forever to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment